Jora.com is an Australian based job search engine with a mission to make finding a job as simple and intuitive as possible for job seekers. Our ambition is to continue to expand internationally and become the preferred job search destination worldwide. A true start-up, Jora is a new member of the SEEK family, which means we’re backed by the strength of a global leader.
Our site processes millions of job requests per day (and growing). In addition, we index millions of jobs and keep our users informed through daily emails alerts. All of this together makes us the 3rd largest online employment marketplace in Australia. We use open source technologies to build our platform that crawls thousands of sites globally. To enable all of this we need to think, do and learn quickly. Everyone contributes ideas which are then assessed for potential value and prioritised.
Over the past two years, we’ve gone from having a bedroom office to a fully-fledged business complete with a talented and diverse team of developers, strategists, marketers and site managers. We love bright, curious people; those serious about solving problems for our team and ultimately the millions of visitors to our site each month. As a small company we love our very flat and collaborative organisation. The team at Jora comes in all shapes and sizes and our growing team has over 15 different nationalities!
Manage our operations team to grow the site, domestically and internationally
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operations manager with an online marketing orientation to expand our presence to new countries, and grow traffic in our current 16 country footprint. As the Operations Manager, you will work closely with Jora’s General Manager and Strategy team to define the roadmap for international expansion, manage the team to ensure delivery on the objectives, and work with the development team to ensure that the site constantly improves to deliver on this goal. You will be accountable for the overall success of our international expansion.
Success in this role will ultimately require you to:
- Lead a team with large number of nationalities, personalities and styles
- Grow the team further to deliver on ambitious expansion in multiple countries, from Australia
- Maintain a close relationship with development team & help prioritise and triage new features and bug fixes
- Use your knowledge of online marketing, site management and online growth strategy
- Reconcile differences between different sites to create a coherent expansion plan
- Define a lean operating framework to gain maximum efficiency from your team without creating unnecessary administrative burden
- Clearly structure thinking to ensure both effective reporting on team’s progress and prioritisation of effort
Why we want you
We want to hear from you, if you thrive working in a dynamic digital start up environment where you encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We are looking for a bright, process driven individual who can manage and grow our operations team.
You will bring to the role a number of relevant capabilities and experiences that ensure success:
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience managing an operational team in a digital environment
- Great understanding of online marketing (SEO, SEM, Social)
- Experience managing a multicultural team
- Ability to motivate and drive the team toward common goals
- A self-starter and -learner who takes ownership of their work
- Proficient at juggling tasks / priorities as well as readily pivoting on demand
- Ability to develop data backed recommendations and present them to others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise at all levels of the business
Why you want this job!
If we weren’t clear, here are a few more reasons why you want to work for Jora:
- Lead of a team with an ambitious international expansion goal
- One of the top 3 job sites in Australia and rapidly growing abroad
- Work in a team achieving double-digit growth
- Play a big role in a small team
Grow your career as Jora grows